8 Days Everest base camp tour from Lhasa to Nepal via newly opened Kyirong border takes you to visit the most charming places in central Tibet including the Potala Palace, Jokang temple in Lhasa which are the world heritage listed sites and the great monasteries of Drepung and Sera where they have a very rich Tibetan culture relics and monks who are studying Tibetan Buddhist
philosophy which has more than 2500 years history.
8 Days Everest base camp tour from Lhasa to Nepal takes you to the most beautiful Turquoise lake called Yamdrok lake and you will enjoy a beautiful Tibetan villages, glacier, the old town of Gyantse which was a very important town to do trade between India and Tibet in the olden days and it is the largest agricultural land in Tibet now.
In Gyantse you will visit Palchoe monastery and Kubum pagoda stupa which has over six hundred years history. After Gyantse, you will continue to Shigatse, the second largest city of Tibet where it has 18 counties under it's administration and they are mostly farmers. Visit Tashi Lhunpo monastery, the seat of the Penchen Lama, the second most revered and respected Tibetan high Lama.
This Everest Base Camp Tour from Lhasa to Nepal takes you to the world's highest mountain peak of Everest and it's base camp via crossing several high Himalayan Mountain ranges including Gyatsola pass and Geula or Pangla pass at over 5000mts. From the top of Geula or Pangla pass, you will have a fantastic view of five great snow mountain peaks which are Mount Everest, Mount Jo Oyu, Mount Shisha Pangma, Mount Lhotse, Mount Makalu respectively.
Driving to Rongbuk monastery, the world's highest mountain and enjoying fantastic view of Mount Everest just right infront of you and then continue your journey to Kyirong border via beautiful Pekutso lake. Kyirong is the birth place of Milarepa, a great Tibetan Yogi in 11th century and there is also a sacred cave of Mila Repa which you will pass by when you drive down the Kyirong gorge.
8 Days Everest Base Camp Tour from Lhasa to Nepal finally cross the newly opened Kyirong border between China Tibet and Nepal and continue your journey through one of the most popular Langhtang valley and it's national park and getting to Kathmandu, the ancient city as well as the capital city of Nepal
|Days||Trip Outline||Daily Activity||Accommodation||Guide & Driver||Meal|
|1|| Arrival in Lhasa Gongakr airport-downtown Lhasa (3650mts/45Km )||Lhasa Gongkar airport-Barhmaputra river-Kyichu river-Kyichu valley-holy Lhasa city-Potala square||Lubhum Tsang Boutique hotel or similar||Local Tibetan||BB|
|2||Lhasa sightseeing tour||Walk to Potala Palace, Jokang temple & Bharkor||Lubhum Tsang Boutique hotel or similar||Local Tibetan||BB|
|3||Lhasa sightseeing tour||Drepung & Sera monasteries-Dropenling work shop||Lubhum Tsang Boutique hotel or similar||Local Tibetan||BB|
|4||Lhasa to Shigatse (3900m/350km )||Yamdrok lake-Karola glacier- Palchoe monastery- Kubum monastery-Shigatse||Mansarovar hotel||Local Tibetan||BB|
|5||Shigatse to Shegar. (4050mts/ 240Km )||Tashi Lhunpo monastery-Tsola pass-Gyatsola pass-Shegar||Tibet roof of the world hotel||Local Tibetan||BB|
|6||Shegar to Rongbuk monastery. (5000mts/ 100Km )||Great view of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Jo Oyu, Shisha Pangma-Rongbuk monastery Everest base camp||Guest house||Local Tibetan||BB|
|7||Rongbuk to Kyirong , the new Nepal Tibet border.( 2800m / 367Km )||Everest-old Dingri-Pekutso-Kyirong||Phuntsok Rebsal hotel||Local Tibetan||BB|
|8||Kyirong to Ktm. (1300Mts/170Km )||Kyirong border-Kathmandu|
- Accommodation as mentioned in the program
- All necessary Tibet entry and road permits
- 1 Local Tibetan English speaking guide
- Transportation by good conditioned mini van
- All entry fees to the sites and monasteries
- Yamdrok lake conservation fee
- Karola glacier conservation fee
- Everest conservation fee for all members, guide and vehicle
- Everest Base Camp conservation fee for all members, guide
- Breakfast for entire tour
- Oxygen in the vehicle incase needed.
- International and domestic flight/train tickets
- Lunch and Dinner for entire tour
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Personal insurance, Medical & emergency evacuation
- Expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone call, etc.)
- Any extra cost in the event of landslides or any other personal nature expenses that are not mentioned above
- (Note: We can help you to book your flight or trani tickets, especially domestic ones)