- Mt. Mingya Gangkar is the highest mountain in Kham region, the far eastern Tibet which is part of Sichuan province. . It is with elevation of 7556m. This trek starts at Kangding known as Dartsedo in Tibetan. Dartsedo was a Tibetan nomadic area border to Sichuan but nowadays, it is a small city where there are different ethnics of Tibetan, Chinese etc . From the point of religious believers, Mt Minyak Gangkar is one of the most sacred Snow capped mountain in the Kham region and to the certain tourists, it is a very good trekking route where you can be in the nature, fantastic view of snow capped mountain, grassland, farmers. Enjoy and fell the real life style of Tibetan Khampa people, their culture etc
After arrival in Chengdu airport, pickup and transfer to your hotel, assist to check in. Relax in the rest hours of this day
- Day 02:Chengdu-Kangding, Dartsedo in Tibetan, 2580mts/360Km Qingke dajiudian hotel
Chengdu to Kangding,2580mts: Drive 360km on paved road, into hill country and crossing through the Mt. Erlang tunnel, En-route we will stop by to visit Luding Iron Bridge. Then arrive at the gateway town of the Eastern Tibet of Kham – Kangding, which is cradled in a narrow gorge along the raging Dzetuo River. The river’s continual rumble can be heard in its alleyways where nomads from the west come to sell Tibetan herbal medicine, Khampa knives, traditional Tibetan garments, and the ever-popular yak butter tea. For centuries the town has held the status of “Gateway to Tibet”, after arrive in Kangding take an easy walk in order to acclimatizing to the altitude, visit to Anjue monastery.
- Day 03: Kangding
We visit the monastery called Nagchu in Dardo county and it was originally built by the 5th the Dalai Lama so it has over 400 years history. The monastery is a Geluk monastery and it has 30 monks nowadays. They have statue of Tsongkapa, Maitreya and Nechun oracle in three different chaples respectively. Afternoon we will let student do some shopping for the trekking with our cooks
- Day 04: Kangding to Laoyuling, 3110mts, 14Km drive (Nyalung-go in Tibetan ) Camp
Drive to Laoyuling (Nyalung-go in Tibetan ), 3110mts, where we will find a nice camp nearby the village of Nyalung-go. We will talk with locals to get our horses for the camping equipments; Visit the villages and walk around the village.
- Day 05: Trekking to the foot of Yagya Gela pass, 3590mts, 4- 5 hrs. camp
Today we will get up early to enjoy the sunrise in the beautiful green scenery and trek 2 hrs to the first camp site of Minyak Gangkar and another 3 more hours to reach to our camp site, the foot of Yagya Gel pass. We will have beautiful view of snow capped mountain.
- Day 06: Trekking to Upper Riwoche, 3770mts, 5 hrs. camp
we will take the left to over the pass of Riwoche, 3990mts, approxmately another 5 hours to arrive at our camp for today; enroute we will be able to enjoy the stunning nature view of the snow captured peaks, which are all above 6000m.
- Day 07: Trekking to Moxi Valley,4360mts, 6 hrs Camp
Today is the difficult day due to the high altitude of the pass called Buchu la, 4500mts , it need some times to approach the pass and get over it, Camp at Moxi Valley. Today you will enjoy the most beautiful view of several snow capped peaks which are over 6000mts
- Day 08: Trekking to Gangkar monastery3830mts, 6-7 hrs. Camp,
Day 08: Trekking to Gangkar monastery3830mts, 6-7 hrs. Camp,
- Day 09: Rest and Charity work at Gangkar monastery. Camp
it is recommended to have day break at this wonderful site, where you may start to explore the east slope of Mt. Minya gangakr, which allows you to approcah this highest peak in southwest of China.We will do a half day charity work in the monastery where students are divided into a couple of groups, some clean the main monastery and some help to clean the monks rooms.
- Day 10: Trekking to the foot of Tsemei La or Tsika, 3470mts, 4 hrs camp
Trek along the Tsemei village and this spot is one of the best spot to view the sunrise of Mt. Minyar Gangkar, we will spend one last night of this trekking at this spot.
- Day 11: Trekking & To Xinduqiao-Lhakang 3050mts 3-4 hrs: Camp
Today we will continuingly descending to Tsemei village, where our vehicle will be waiting at; then load up baggages, we will drive to Xinduqiao, which is a small Tibetan tow, and becoming well known nowadays for its beautiful nature view.
- Day 12: Stay in Lhakang and visit Lhakang monastery. Same camp
Visit Lhagang monastery which is one of the 108 small temples, built by Tibetan King Songtsen Gampo in order to press down the branches of the Supine Ogress. The monastery has over 1300 years history and the most sacred statue of the monastery is Jowo Shakyamuni which dates back to the 7th century. As per the history, the Jowo Shakyamuni was built in Lhagang according to 8 years Jowo after the image of Jowo Shakyamuni magically spoked when it arrived in Lhagang saying that she did not want to move from there but as per the King Songtsen Gampo’s strong wishes to bring the statue to Lhasa, they built the present statue of the Jowo in Lhasa for the stead of the onw which is in Jokang today. The monastery was originaly a Kagyupa sect and then in around 12th cnetury, the monastery was gradually transformed into Sakyapa sect. I thas over 30 monks noadays.Afternoon, We will visit some nomad camps from Lhagang to the south west and there is a big Bhuddist community after around 15Km from Lhagang where all the locals, monks and nuns gather to make thousand offering of flowers, water etc. We had lunch in a Coffee shop runs by an Americam lady, married to a Tibetan nomad. She served really good western food.
- Day 13: Drive Lhagang to Kangding
From Lhagang or Tagong grassland, we drive in to the rich fertile valley and then through many beautiful Tibetan farmers houses along the road and finally get to Dartsedo after the high pass over 4000mts.
- Day 14: Dartsedo to Chengdu.
Today, we will drive back to Chengdu and relax.
- Day 15: Chengdu to the airport for departure.